Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The beginning of our journey...

I had a doctor's appointment this morning and the doctor informed me that I am currently 1 centimeter dilated!!!!!!!!!!

It's really starting to sink in now.

I know, I know... like the huge basketball belly, the constant morning sickness, and the ultrasounds weren't enough to convince me - we are actually going to be parents by the end of the month!

Holy cow.

I am going to be responsible for a tiny, helpless little person. I'm not sure I'm ready for that.

Just this morning, I accidentally shut Chloe's head in the cabinet drawer. And I forgot to brush my teeth. And I STILL can't cook. I am definitely not ready to be a parent. Isn't there some test you need to pass to bring an infant home?

But is parenthood one of those things that you're never really quite ready for? Something that huge, that life-changing, maybe the crazy part would be if I DID feel ready for it.

All I can say is, I'm so glad my mom will be here for the first few weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Mandy, that is just small stuff! Everyone does that, and it doesn't mean you aren't going to be an AMAZING mother. I love you kiddo. I can't wait to meet the little guy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...