Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Dear Baby,

Dear Cole,

This morning, you woke up next to me in bed.  Your eyes locked on mine, and you gave me the biggest, happiest smile - so full of love.  You reached out your arms to me to be held, then clung to my shirt tightly as we did our morning routine of letting out the dogs and putting water on for tea.  As I sat down for our morning snuggles, you wrapped your chubby little fingers around my finger and stared at me intently as I talked to you, patting my face and beaming when I smiled at you and said, "I love you."

And even though you can't talk or fully understand when I talk to you, I knew this morning that both of us truly understood just how much we love each other. 

Sometimes, love isn't just in words.  Sometimes, it's not in big, grandiose gestures and meaningful events.  Sometimes, love is just an everyday morning, a simple routine, and few little moments - like a handful of chubby fingers holding tightly to mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...