Thursday, May 24, 2012

Indecision

Cole has reached the indecision stage of his little life.


Is this a stage all toddlers go through? I'm not sure.  But I would love to know how long it lasts, because it is driving me CRRRAAAZZZZYYY!!


See, it goes like this:


Mama: Cole, what color towel do you want: the towel that is white or the towel that is blue?


Cole: BOO! BOO!


Mama: Ok, blue it is.


Cole: YEAH! YEAH!

I start to hand him the blue towel.
Cole: NO!  WHIE! WHIE!


Mama: You want the white towel?


Cole: YEAH! YEAH!


Mama: Ok

So I hand him the white towel.


Cole: BOO!


Mama: You just said white! Now you want the blue?

Cole: BOO!

So I take a deep breath and hand him the blue towel.

Cole: WHIE! WHIE!

Mama: GAH! Cole, make up your mind!

Cole: (almost in tears) WHIE! WHIE!

See, now he's getting upset.  Apparently it's very upsetting to ask for something and have it given to you.  I'd be really upset if that happened to me.

Mama: OK.  Cole, I'm handing you the white towel - that is your final decision.

Cole: YEAH! WHIE!

pause

Cole: BOO!

Mama: Too bad!  White is your final answer!


I think my son is suffering from chronic indecision syndrome.  Any ideas for the cure?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...