Monday, June 2, 2014

Birthday Boy!

Dear Cole,

Oh my darling.  My darling boy.  Four years old, you are today.  Four years you've been in our lives.

Often nowadays you ask questions about people and events that took place before you were born.  You ask about Daddy's and my wedding, or about my job before I was a mama.  I'll tell you that it happened before you were born, and you get a slightly puzzled look on your face and ask, "Was I in your uterus like Baby Chase was?"

"Nope, it was even before that!" 

 "But where was I?"

"You hadn't come along yet!"

You literally cannot imagine a world without you.  And most days, little man, your daddy and I feel the same way.  We cannot imagine our world without you, sweet boy.  You bring so much joy and happiness to everyone you meet.  You are sweet and thoughtful and mature.  You are quick to laugh and play - and you are juuuuust rambunctious enough to keep from being a little old grump. 

This past year has been a year of changes.  We've had some changes in our close friendships, which you have handled with admirable aplomb.  We've moved and settled into a new house and new neighborhood, with neighborhood friendships developing.  And, of course, you've become a big brother.  I'm so proud of you, son, watching your daily interactions with Chase as you protect him and love him.  You've grown and matured in ways I couldn't have ever imagined.

Daddy, Chase and I love you more than anything, darling boy.  Keep being your beautiful, awesome self.  We're so glad you've been in our lives for four years!

Love, Mama








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...