Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Gingerbread Houses

We had a lovely gingerbread house building party the week before Christmas.  I set up some graham cracker houses (seriously the way to go... SO much easier and faster than using actual gingerbread!), set out some candy, and let the kiddos go to town!

 
 You guys, these kids made some epic gingerbread houses! The creativity and concentration was out of this world!
 
 As was the candy sampling... load 'em up with sugar and send 'em home, that's how I roll :)
 
 
 
 Chase even got in on the action, munching on some graham cracker!
 
 
 Poor Cole - just as he finished his house (which he worked on for over an hour!), he picked it up to bring it in to show me...and dropped it.  Gingerbread house, candy, and frosting in a huge crushed mess on the floor! I felt so bad for him I almost cried - but Cole just shrugged his shoulders and told me he had fun making it!
 Sara's (and sort of Inara's) finished product:
 Ben's finished product:
 Rachel's finished product:
 
Great memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...