Saturday, January 21, 2017

Today, I Marched

Today, I marched.

Today, I stood up for my beliefs, publicly and peacefully.

Today, I walked side by side with some of my best friends and my mama - as well as thousands of people locally and millions of people world wide.

Today, I took for the first step for action.

Let me be clear: I DID NOT MARCH BECAUSE I AM A SORE LOSER.  I don't care that "my side" lost.  There was nowhere near this kind of outpouring of protests when ANY OTHER president was elected in history.  I have a great deal of respect for many of the GOP leaders, even when our beliefs don't align. 

I marched because I believe that bluntness, tactlessness, bullying, and name-calling is unacceptable behavior for a president.  I marched because boasting of sexual assault is unacceptable, no matter who you are.  I marched because science and facts should always trump opinion.  I marched because kindness and respectful language matters.  I marched because America is already great - and building walls, insulting nations, ruining our environment, and destroying the public school system will not make our country stronger, more successful, and better.


Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, sunglasses and outdoor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...