Monday, May 25, 2009

Oh no!!

So, the other day I went to routinely check my email, and found a strange email from Paypal saying that my recent purchase has been approved and money taken out of my bank account for the purchase. The purchase? Moniker Online Services. Hmm, that's strange, I think. Let's check this out. The amount of the purchase? $829.20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yikes!!!!!!!! Talk about PANIC!!!!!!! I was like, whoa, I know I shop a lot, but I think I would have noticed spending $830.00 on Paypal!!! Especially since Moniker Online Services is website for registering domain names! umm... don't think I would be registering a domain name, since I barely have enough computer smarts to turn on a computer!!

So, I call Paypal, who are suprisingly helpful and I even get to talk to several REAL LIVE people (one could even speak English fluently!), so things are being taken care of. Thank goodness we actually had the funds in our account so no overdraft fees. The only snag is that our mortgage is being taken out on the 25th, so Chris had to transfer money from his credit card to our account to pay for that, but no biggie. I'm not sure how all this happened, but you can rest assured I will be watching my email and online accounts a lot more carefully in the future!!

2 comments:

  1. Whoa! Glad you caught it right away! Crazy how easy it is for people to just spend your money. Hope they will leave you alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm glad you caught it fast, and I hope they get the money put back in your account quickly! It might be worth changing a few passwords to your email and paypal, just so it's more difficult for people to get into it. So sorry kiddo! Just one more headache I know you don't need! I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...