Friday, September 25, 2009

More Baby Projects

So, with fall football season in full swing, I've been busy working on various sewing and craft projects - here's what I've finished the past week:


A diaper wipes container!! How cute, huh? I know it's dorky, but I just love it!

I wavered between using a paper flower here, or the metal tag, but decided to go with the tag for a couple of reasons. I thought the flower might get messed up floating around in a diaper bag, and even though it was adorable, it was a little more girly. The tag describes how I feel perfectly and looks great! :)

Next, I made this mini diaper bag. You know how when you are in a hurry and you have a squirmy baby who needs a diaper quick? And then you can never find the diaper in the bag? Or if you are me, the diapers are messy and crummy in the bottom of the bag. So, this cute little bag holds the diapers so you can always find them.


Ok, so then I had some scraps of fabric, so I made a crinkly toy. Babies love things that crinkle and make noise, so I stitched in a popcorn wrapper between the fabric. Didn't turn out super cute or anything, but it's ok. At least babies aren't picky, right?


Of course, all of these really aren't necessary, but they sure are cute and fun to make! What do you think? Any other ideas of stuff I absolutely have to make?

4 comments:

  1. So when my day comes, and hopefully it will... some day... do you think you could send me your patterns? I'm not a big sewer, but I would love to try my hand at these great ideas!!! I adore the mini diaper bag. Such a clever idea, and for those Mommies out there that are uber careful with every little thing that touches their baby's toosh, this is GREAT! I was thinking today about starting up a little "some day baby" supply of my own. You've inspired me. Why can't I go out and look for super cute baby things... even though I'm no where near expecting? hee hee. So lets start a "not a Mommy yet, but some day I will be club." hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'm kicking you out of my club. You're disqualified. hee hee (Facebook is amazing with the info one can learn.... your mom's newest post spilled the beans.)

    I'm thrilled for you! Now I get to read all your posts and take notes. hee hee.

    Biggest hugs Mandy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!
    I love the cloth-crinkly paper. I made some when I realized Henry's favorite toy was a cheeseburger wrapper from burger king. Babies LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cute !I love these! Love the fabric too! I love your new haircut also:)
    If you would like come check out my blog and enter my current giveaway at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com
    I hope you decided to follow me because I try to bring my readers a new and AMAZING giveaway every Monday!
    Xo
    Priscila

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...