Sunday, September 6, 2009

Creative vs. Crafty

I'm not really a very creative person. Yes, I guess I would consider myself crafty, but I'm not the type of person who can be spontaneously create art. I am a copy cat. I see something and, I'm not ashamed to say, I blatently copy it. So, here's my newest copy adventures:






My father-in-law cut the wood pieces for this caterpillar alphabet puzzle when Chris was in preschool, and my mother-in-law found it when cleaning out her shed last weekend. A quick coat of paint, and voila! a super cute alphabet puzzle!!! I LOVE wood toys, and a handmade one is even better.

Next up:

I saw these at gap.com (I'm not ashamed, I love Gap!), but at $42.50 for three, a LOT out of my budget. So, I picked up a few canvases at Micheal's, some paint, and about five hundred erasers (used them all) and made my own. And added an elephant. What do you think? Does it seem like it works with the others? I think they'll be adorable in a baby nursery.

I'm thinking I'll try a lion and maybe a whale next. Or should I just leave it with the four? Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. Super cute Mandy!!! I like the balance that four creates. Like a larger canvas almost. Although a whale and a lion would be super cute too. Perhaps if you hung two, in a vertical position, on another wall it would looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could make more and rotate them, or wait and see which ones fit for YOUR baby. SOOOO cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...