Monday, June 4, 2012

Cole's Very Hungry Caterpillar Birthday!

Ok, to be honest here, I had the theme planned for Cole's second birthday for juuuusst about a year.  "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle is and has been one of Cole's most favorite books since birth.  And I LOVED planning a party around a children's book!

The invitations:




I looked all around for a Very Hungry Caterpillar shirt for Cole and couldn't find one that wasn't super cutesy - so I painted one for him:
I had so much fun putting together some decorations:





The food table, featuring foods from the book, of course:






 I had originally planned on using a piece of astro-turf grass for the table cloth, but it was SO expensive!  So I picked up this sheet for 50 cents at a yard sale and painted the border around it to look like the first pages of the book.  I love how it turned out!














These were some caterpillar kebobs, made from tomatoes and green olives:
 And the piece de resistance...the caterpillar cake:
We had one attempt at a family photo, but Cole was way more interested in his watermelon:

 and then we had cake:














Eating cake is serious business!


I think it's safe to say he liked it ;)

Grandparents on both sides spoiled Cole rotten with some presents!






 Grammy and Papa made Cole this incredible magnetic chalkboard:





What an amazing birthday my big boy had!

3 comments:

  1. Mandy, this is AMAZING! You did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Robyn! :) I had so much fun planning it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mandy, this party looks great!! What an amazing job, and so creative! Love all the details!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...