Friday, September 14, 2012

Hey.  Everyone.

I want to tell you something.

I want to let you know that it's ok to talk to me about our baby we lost.

It's ok to say the words "baby" and "miscarriage".

I might cry and feel sad.  It might be a little painful for me or uncomfortable for you.  You're probably worried about hurting my feelings or bringing up sad thoughts.

But it's OK.  I promise.

I'd love to talk to you about it.  I'd love to feel as though my last pregnancy wasn't just a "blip" but a real little person who mattered.  I'd love to have my thoughts and feelings acknowledged with this situation.  I'd love to tell you all about it - what mama doesn't love to talk about her children, right?

Even if only one of them is still on earth, both of my children existed.  And while I'm not really sure why that's so important to have that acknowledged, I do know how good it feels to talk about it.

So go right ahead and talk to me about it.  Talking (and listening) is healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...