Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Brothers

"MOM, ARE YOU GOING UPSTAIRS NOW?  I WANT TO COME TOO, I WANT TO BE WITH CHASE."
 
"CAN I FOLLOW HIM UP THE STAIRS TO MAKE SURE HE DOESN'T FALL?  I'LL HOLD MY HANDS LIKE THIS SO I WILL CATCH HIM!"
 
"YOU NEED SOCKS FOR CHASE? I'LL PICK SOME OUT FOR HIM!"
 
"CHASE, YOU WANT YOUR HAT ON? OK, I'LL HELP YOU!"
 
His hands in his pockets, casually following Chase's lead while playing.  He slows his steps to match Chase's toddling.  He spots Chase's slow and laborious climb up the play structure steps.  He arranges him just so on the slide so he can slide down on his lap. He gently pushes him on the swing, laughing and making funny faces so Chase smiles. 
 
I never, in my wildest dreams, anticipated the magnitude of love and affection Cole would have for his baby brother.  He has the purest, sweetest heart for Chase - always ready to help him, spend time with him, love on him. 
I wasn't always thrilled about having two boys - but as I watch and observe these two boys interact, I am filled with so much joy at their obvious bond.  I love them both so much... and I love love love watching them love each other.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...