Thursday, October 27, 2016

From Two to Three

A lot of people have asked me how the transition has gone from two to three kids.

Honestly?  It's been the easiest transition of all. 

Cole being Cole, and also being at an amazing and helpful age, it's been almost like having a third parent around here sometimes.  He's always willing to grab a diaper for me or hold Isla, and there's no one else Chase would rather have around to play with him or to help him if I'm busy with the baby.

When Cole was born, of course we were thrilled to no end, but there was definitely a learning curve.  As excited and as full of anticipation that I was to meet him, I was a little unprepared for the sleep deprivation, the nursing around the clock, and the way it took hours to leave the house, only to turn around and come right back home for the scheduled naps and bedtime.  When Chase arrived, I was juggling learning the needs of two littles (one of which was a colicky and high needs babe). 

Now, we've got this down to a science.  Six years of parenting together, and Chris and I have our routine exactly.  We can coordinate and communicate, multi task and discipline like one seamless parent.  It's crazy and hectic and LOUD some of the time (ok, most of the time), but I feel like everyone's needs are being met, everyone is feeling loved and given attention, and everyone (well, everyone except me!) is getting enough sleep.  I'm not beating myself up for bad days or days we just can't manage to have anything healthier to eat than delivery pizza.  It's working.  It's working well.

I can't imagine our family any different.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...