Friday, March 6, 2009

And the winner is...

I'm sure everyone is waiting with bated breath as to where we will end up for this coming year... and the winner is, Medford!! Yes, thankfully, we got our first choice of a place for Chris to do his externship. We are relieved that we will only have to move an hour away! Even though moving is a pain no matter how far away you do it, it is way less of a pain to do it 70 miles instead of to somewhere like Anchorage, AK!!! Whew, what a relief. It's great to know what's happening and where we will be ending up - at least for a year. After that, who knows! Oh my gosh, I feel like a grownup, making all these big decisions and plans!

So, the packing saga continues. For those of you who have seen my house, you know that packing is going to be a longer saga than all three "Lord of the Rings" films! Any takers for helping us move all my crap?? LOL

On a different subject, Chris introduced me to this awesome thingy the other day: http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Amazons-Wireless-Reading-Generation/dp/B00154JDAI/ref=amb_link_83624371_1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=0PRAFTQ1KDK5R8C2XEHF&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=469942651&pf_rd_i=507846. The Kindle. It's this way cool device that's like an ipod for books!! It can hold 1500 books in 10.3 ounces! Chris asked me, "So, if we got this, would you get rid of some of your books?" My hundreds and hundreds of books are one of the plagues of his life! But when you get a chance, check it out. It's freakin' awesome.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that you got your first choice, and that you'll still be in the beautiful state of Oregon! Trust me, there's not place on Earth that is as wonderful as Oregon! If I were closer.... and I didn't have a broken shoulder.... I would totally help you move your stuff. As far at the Kindle.... it does seem cool, but there is something wonderful about a book case filled with amazing books! Call me old fashion, but I don't think I could ever trade in my leather bound full edition of Shakespeare for a high tech gizmo. Although it would be great for a long flight. hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we have several friends up here who have Kindles. One of our friends who travels a lot swears by it. I can see the pros (especially for you Mandy-Loo) of having a ton of books that only take up a small amount of space for traveling.
    I'm also glad you guys got your first choice :-) I'm thinking it will be easier to manage a rental from Medford than from any of your other options. Yay! Moving! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...