Friday, April 24, 2009

FABULOUS news!

No, I am not pregnant... but I am graduated!!!!!!!! Yes, that is right, you are looking at an honest to goodness, 100%, really truly live degree holder!!!! After a seemingly endless process (no, really, I know everyone says that, but mine really WAS a seemingly endless process), I will soon have that $20,000.00 piece of paper to prove it! And maybe a pen... cause you know, the piece of paper just isn't worth $20,000.00 (wow that's a lot of zeros!), they have to throw in a pen to make sure you feel like you're getting your money's worth. So now, I have the wonderful world of unemployment and paying back student loans to look forward to!!

And the following conversation just about sums up my Western Governors University experience:

Joyce (my wonderful co-worker who cracks me up): I was talking to a young lady the other day who mentioned that she was thinking about going to this online school called Western Governors University.

Me: Ohh... what did you tell her?

Joyce: Well, based on your experiences with this school, I told her it might not be the best idea and maybe she should keep looking (Joyce is very diplomatic... I would have said, "DON'T DO IT!!! THEY WILL SCREW YOU OVER!!").

Me: Oh, good. Saved another soul from the evils of Western Governors University!!

Side note: maybe I should wait to post this till I actually have my diploma (and pen) in hand, don't want them to refuse my diploma just cause I'm bad mouthing them!! Oh well.

The point of all this is, in short, I am done and boy, am I happy about it!!! Now whatever shall I do with my free time???.....

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Mandy! You made it! Hooray!!! Now you have to find the perfect frame for that fancy paper! hee hee.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...