Sunday, April 26, 2009

Homelessness = bad

Well, good news! Looks like we won't be homeless next year! Hallelujah! We think we have found a place to live in Medford for the next year while Chris finishes his externship at Providence. Our good friend Carla has a friend (who has a brother's sister's uncle's niece's cousin's friend's dog... no, just kidding) who owns a dance studio in Medford. This lady is a riot - she's like eighty years old at least and was a prima ballerina for a professional company in her younger years. Anyway, she has a little house next to the studio that is going to be perfect for us - and, best of all, she'll let us have our dogs!! Hallelujah again!

And, even more good news - I can continue my world record of never setting foot in a laundromat (I have a huge aversion to disgusting, nasty, gross, slimy, icky laundromats) because the house has a washer and dryer!! And...a dishwasher!!! YES!! Could it GET any better, you ask? Why, yes it can, I reply. While I am regretting not bringing my camera to have taken pictures (well, duh, taken pictures, what else would you do with a camera...silly Mandy), I didn't want to freak anyone out by my camera toting-ness. So you will have to make do with an in-depth descriptive review.

The floors are all hardwood, newly refinished - way super duper cute! There are 2.5 bedrooms (not a typo, really 2.5, will explain later) and one bathroom. There's a huge living room/dining room space, a good-sized kitchen (WITH A DISHWASHER!!!!), and the one bedroom and bathroom downstairs. The kitchen and the bathroom are in the process of being remodeled, so it was a little hard to tell how they looked, but all the appliances in the kitchen were newer and looked pretty good... and TONS of counter space in the kitchen!

Then, upstairs (YES, you heard me right...upstairs!! I have never lived in a two-story house in my life!! That word just makes me sound rich and famous, doesn't it? UPSTAIRS [picture me saying it with a French accent]) there's a master bedroom and a little...well, I'm not sure what to call it, but it's like a half of a bedroom. It's going to be perfect for a little office or maybe a nursery?? Chris rolls his eyes when I say that. So I fell asleep last night planning where to put our furniture in our new house (but I simply HAVE to make it up to IKEA because the end tables we have right now will just not work in the new house... the house told me so) and hoping that I saw an electrical outlet in the new house's bathroom. Oh, the cruel irony, that as soon as we remodel our bathroom (after being without an outlet in the bathroom for FOUR LOOONNNGGGG YEARS) that we would move to a place where the extension cord would become my hair dryer's best friend again. Hopefully, that won't happen.

So, the packing saga continues...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a really cute space! Congrats on finding such an awesome pad! Now comes the joy of packing up, and shipping out! Hee hee... but don't fret, putting stuff away in a new house is fun too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...