Friday, July 24, 2009

My new best friend

Ok, no offense to anyone out there, but I have a new best friend. Something that gives me pleasure and joy in a way that no one else ever can. Something that knows just what I need, when I need it. Yes - the air conditioner! I LOVE our air conditioner. Not that this is a new relationship or anything, we've had the good ol' AC for several years now. But since moving to Medford, I have gained a new appreciation for a nice burst of cold air.


When we first found out we were going to be in Medford, one of the first things anyone invariably said when we told them was: "Ooo, it's going to be warmer over there." Yes, yes it is. Warmer doesn't even cut it. FREAKIN' HOT is more like it!!! I always knew somewhere in the back of my mind that Medford was usually about ten degrees warmer than Klamath Falls, but it never really sank in. So, when it's 70 degrees in Klamath, it's 80 degrees here. And when it's 80 degrees in Klamath, it's 90 degrees here. And when it's 90 degrees in Klamath... well, you get the picture. It's HOT. And, having grown up in Wisconsin (AKA the North Pole), I am definately more accustumed to cold weather than hot weather.

Plus, this week has been record highs around here - we're talking 106 and 107 degrees!! My mom actually told me to come down to Southern California, because it's actually cooler down there!!

So, if anyone needs me this summer, you know right where to find me. Right in front of the cool, delicious breeze of my air conditioner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...