Thursday, July 23, 2009

Moving

Ok, here's good news and bad news. The good news is that we are 100% completed with remodeling our house! Every little thing is done and perfect. The bad news? We don't live there anymore! Yes, we have moved! Actually, we moved June 30, but we have been soo busy with everything that's been going on, I'm just now getting around to blogging about it. This is the (sorta) end to a saga that began in March (started packing in March) and is just now coming to an end. Three loads of stuff over, one full storage unit, and about fifty empty boxes later, we are mostly unpacked and settled into our new home. I have to say, I am soooo looking forward to hopefully next year being settled at least semi-permanently into a home. It feels like I have spent my entire life either moving or planning to move - I'm not sure I would know what to do with myself with actually planning on LIVING somewhere for an extended period of time!!! This is the eighth time I have moved, and I AM DONE! NO MORE!! Ok, one more would be good. But then that's it!!


So, we are settling in okay. This is a cute little house with a nice setup, but we definately miss our backyard!! It's also kind of a downgrade from our newly remodeled home in Klamath - I really miss my nice new kitchen and laundry room! And, we are having a hard time adjusting to living an hour and half away from Chris' family and all our friends, but I especially am trying to have a good attitude. I guess part of this situation is difficult because of all the uncertainties - if I will be able to find a job, where Chris will find a job and where we will be living next year - lots for me to stress about, especially for someone who hates change!! But, I have been so busy I haven't had time to stress and worry yet, so I'll keep working on that!
More pics to come of the house soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...