Friday, July 24, 2009

On this day in history...



Four years. Yup, four years ago yesterday, I married the most wonderful man. Now, four years may not seem like a big deal to some people (like my parents, who are going on 31 years), but when you think about just how much we've packed in four years, we're doing pretty darn good.



Since that wonderful day in 2005, Chris and I have bought a house, put a roof on the house, went to Disney World, went to family reunion in North Carolina, put in new windows in the house, acted in two musicals (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum and Beauty and the Beast), remodeled our dining room, moved my parents to Southern California, remodeled our kitchen, danced in two dance shows, remodeled our bathroom, acquired one college degree, and, most recently, moved to Medford.




We've held a total of seven jobs between the two of us, and made countless amazing friendships. We've added two very special dogs to our family and celebrated the marriage of my sister.



Next year at this time, we will have added one more move and a college degree to that list, along with perhaps another member of our family??


Who knows what will happen? But no matter what, no matter where we are or what job we have or whether we are remodeling a house (trust me, if a marriage survives home remodeling, it can survive ANYTHING!), we are doing it together.


I love my husband. He is my best friend. He keeps me grounded and focused when I am overwhelmed. He has supported me going back to school to finish my degree. He eats my terrible cooking with a smile on his face. He makes me laugh every single day. He is kind and generous and loving with my family. He supports my friendships. He gives me foot massages (my favorite!). He takes me out on dates. He is honorable and loyal. He's not afraid to state his opinion. He goes to yard sales with me, with a smile on his face. He kills all the spiders for me. He loves and supports me in everything I do.
Happy Anniversary, babe. Here's to many, many more!




2 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's been four years!! My goodness how time flies. Please keep me posted on the happenings of your little addition to your family. I'm hoping for the same within the next two years or so. You'll make a wonderful Mommy when the time comes. Hugs! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I really doesn't feel like it's been 4 years since your wedding! I sure do love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...