Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Time is Here!

Merry Christmas, everyone! I absolutely can't believe it's a week until Christmas - it's one of those things that I look forward to so much that it seems it will never be here, then woosh! Here it is!

So I LOVE to decorate for Christmas. Just ask Chris. When we were first married, he was a little bit overwhelmed by all the 18 gallon Rubbermaids labeled "X-Mas" in our shed! We made a deal that I could have one Rubbermaid for each holiday's decorations (at least till we get more storage space)... little does he know that I count Labor Day, Father's Day, Kwanzaa, and other such holidays in my official Rubbermaid count, and fill them with Christmas decorations!! :)


Our first Christmas, my mom made us a beautiful wreath for our door. Unfortunately, since we live in the ghetto, I didn't want to put it up and have it get stolen or ruined. So I made a cheap wreath that still looks festive, but that I wouldn't be heartbroken if some homeless person decides to steal. I made this one just out of ornaments I had hanging around and a few from the dollar store and just strung them on a wire hanger.

I also whipped up a tree skirt for our Christmas tree. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this fabric - the blue and silver with the snowflakes is PERFECT for me. Even though I had to stitch it all by hand (my sewing machine was on the fritz), it was so totally worth it. Although, you can hardly see it already, with all the presents we have under the tree!!



Which brings us to our tree! Our landlady and her husband own a U-cut Christmas Tree farm. A couple years ago, we cut down a tree in the wild and it was so fun, we decided to do the farm! Of course, I'm a ditz and forgot my camera, but it was soooo much fun and we got the most beautiful tree! Nothing smells as good as a live tree!

More pictures to come soon - my parents are driving up from SoCal tommorow (YAY!), so we are looking forward to a busy and FUN holiday!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay Mandy! I love the wreath. You are so crafty it makes me want to puke. And I would be sad if the drunk homeless people stole that wreath. It's puurty! Your tree looks lovely as well :) I agree, real trees do just smell nicer and make you feel more Christmas-y. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...