Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thankful

So the other day, I woke up in a really bad mood. I mean REALLY BAD! I was a grumpy gills. Nothing seemed to be going right. But then I realized that the next day was Thanksgiving, and I really had a lot I needed to be thankful for - a lot I needed to simply take a step back and get some perspective.

I was upset with Chris for being messy and not cleaning up after himself...but then I remembered that many people will not be able to spend the holidays with their spouses because of military service, or even more permanent situations like loss.

I was frustrated at having to vacuum my house, but then I remember how blessed I am to have a house, a safe roof over my head. So many people do not have a home to go to, with a warm bed and a dishwasher.

I was irritated at the morning sickness that is still persisting...but I am so grateful to be pregnant and have a healthy, growing child in my belly.

I was sad that I would not be spending Thanksgiving with my side of our family...but I am thankful that they are safe and happy and that we'll see them soon.

I was annoyed at having to trek to Klamath Falls for work...but I am grateful that I have some sort of job, with good friends and coworkers.
I have so much to be thankful for. What a great opportunity to remember all of my blessings, especially amid the frustrations of everyday life!


1 comment:

  1. You live a truly beautiful life, and you have always cherished the little things that make every day special. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about what you are grateful for. We all need a little perspective from time to time. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...