Sunday, October 2, 2011

Dear Baby,

Dear Cole,

Oh my, darling boy of mine.

Here I JUST got used to telling everyone that you were 15 months old, and now all of a sudden you are 16 months old!  How did THAT happen?

Things are going just swimmingly for you this month.  Even though you're still not talking (can you just say "Mama" for me? Pretty please? Just once?), you are communicating so well.  You are sleeping better (and more importantly, LATER, much to my joy!).  You continue to eat anything and everything that is edible (and some things that aren't).  You are learning to play games with our dogs and starting to learn how to play with other children.

While I can't know exactly what you're going to be like as you grow, I like to think I can see bits and pieces of your personality and traits start to emerge.  I know you're going to be VERY active, just like your daddy - since the only time you are ever still is when you are sleeping.  I know you're bright and curious.  I know you are persistent and stubborn (hmmm, where could you have gotten those qualities from?).  I know you value your routine and plan (like your mama) and aren't so flexible and spontaneous.  I know you are loving, since you frequently give me hugs, kisses, and pats on the face.  I'm pretty sure you're going to be musical and a bookworm, since you love both those things so much now.  I'm also pretty sure you are NOT going to like shopping, since you make it pretty clear how much you dislike it whenever I go!

I can't wait to see what kind of unique person you are on your way to becoming, little mister.  But at the same time, I just want you to stay the same tiny little man you are for just a while longer, because it seems like the time is going so fast.  Just yesterday, it seems, I was wishing desperately for you to be old enough to sleep through the night...but now, I'm thinking I might be willing to trade some of the sleeplessness for some sweet infant cuddles, the sight of your newborn frog legs, or to hold you breastfeeding in my arms again.

We love you so much, darling boy.  Keep growing and changing and keeping us on our toes.


Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...