Sunday, October 9, 2011

Treasures

Cole has a strange tendency to form strong attachments to incredibly random things.  Like hair ties (the BLUE one, heaven forbid I try to replace it with the black one).  Or a sock, given to him in a ninja parenting move to keep him semi-entertained while changing his diaper.


But occasionally he forms these incredible attachments to objects that are...well, dangerous.  In fact, it's usually a choking-strangulation-burn-electrocution-poison hazard - and if it's not at least two of the six danger options, he's SO not into it.


Which makes my job rather difficult.  Which is why I'm pretty sure Cole's new name for me in his head is MEANIEHEAD.  He'll spy something, like a AA battery (choking AND poison hazard - check!), and decide that his whole life he has been waiting for this object and his life is not worth living without it.


And then I come along and take it away.


Oh my stars, the DRAMA.


The SCREAMING, the SOBBING, the BURYING HIS HEAD INTO MY LEGS AND THROWING HIS ARMS UP BECAUSE THE PAIN IS JUST TOO TERRIBLE drama.


Like I said, MEANIE. 


Is this a Cole thing or a toddler thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...