Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Bits N Pieces

Some random bits and pieces of lately:

1.  Cole has lately taken to calling Chris and me by our first names.  It's hysterical (and also drives me a little bit crazy).  My not-quite-three-year old yelling down the hall for "MAND-Y! MAND-Y! COME!" is rather entertaining.

2.  Honestly, I was pretty nervous about our transition to our new house.  Cole doesn't always do well with sleeping in a new place...however, this move has been the easiest on him so far.  A few minor behavioral issues and one rough night's sleep, but all in all, he's been doing awesome.  Just one more advantage of him being a bit older - it's so much easier to explain and prepare him for any changes!

3.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE our new house.  Seriously, LOVE it.  It didn't quite check all of our boxes for things we wanted in a home, but the more time I spend here, the more it feels like home.  Some of the things I wanted (like an entirely separate playroom) I have discovered probably wouldn't have been the best for our family anyway.  Our playroom is very open to the rest of the house, which makes it easy to keep an eye on Cole and feel a part of his playtime!  Isn't that great when that happens?

4. Cole has officially graduated from speech!  His language has improved SO much and he continues to impress us with his extreme intelligence.  He frequently yells out directions from the backseat while driving ("TURN YEFT! YEFT ON TABLE WOCK WOAD!"(yes, he knows his left and right)), knows that "b-o-o-k" spells BOOK, writes his name...oh yes, he's a bright little guy that keeps us on our toes.

I promise, promise to be back to regularly blogging soon...moving has really thrown a kink in my routine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...