Thursday, January 15, 2015

Conversations with Cole

Cole had been begging me to sew him a superhero cape (I was eager to do that too - he'd been using a tank top of mine as a substitute).

Me: Cole, come over and look at these ideas for your superhero cape I'm going to make you.  Which one do you like?

Cole: MOM, I WANT ONE THAT WILL MAKE ME FLY - LIKE, FLY AROUND THE HOUSE? REALLY FLY? CAN YOU MAKE ONE LIKE THAT PLEASE?



On our way to drop Cole off at preschool:

Cole: I THINK TODAY I WILL PLAY WITH GRACE.  SHE SOMETIMES DOESN'T PLAY WITH OTHER KIDS, SHE JUST PLAYS WITH THE TEACHER, SO I'LL PLAY WITH HER SO SHE HAS A FRIEND!



Cole: MOM, IF WE HAVE ANOTHER BABY, IF IT'S A BOY WE CAN NAME HIM WESLEY. IF IT'S A GIRL I THINK WE SHOULD NAME IT ANNABELLE. I WUV THE NAME ANNABELLE, IT'S SO PRETTY.



Cole, playing with a couple of empty wrapping paper tubes: MOM, WHAT ARE THOSE THINGS, YOU KNOW THOSE THINGS THAT OLD PEOPLE USE TO WALK?

Me: Oh, canes?

Cole: YEAH, CANES.  I'M GOING TO PRETEND THESE ARE CANES. {in a very old shaky voice} I'M SO OLD.  OHHHH I'M SO SO OLD. I CAN'T WALK.

Me: Oh my. You must be very old.  How old are you?

Cole: TWENTY-NINE.



Cole, upon seeing a "MONSTER" logo:

"MOM, I LIKE THIS GREEN.  I LIKE THE SEAHORSES."



When he heard Gram tapping her fingernails on the wooden floors:

"I LIKE THAT NOISE.  IT SOUNDS LIKE A CATERPILLAR WALKING."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...