Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Big Bro


Overheard, while Chase was fussing in the car:

"CHASE, I'LL HELP YOU WITH THAT.  DO YOU NEED HELP?  YOU WANT YOUR BOOK? I'M BACK HERE WITH YOU, BABY. CHASE! CHASE-A-RONI! WE'RE GOING TO THE BEACH! THINK OF ALL THE FUN THIGS WE CAN DO AT THE BEACH! THINK ABOUT IF YOU WANT TO SWIM OR PLAY IN THE SAND!"

While I was busy upstairs:

"CHASE, YOU'RE CRYING BECAUSE YOU WANT MAMA RIGHT NOW?  SHE'LL BE BACK IN JUST A MINUTE, SHE JUST HAD TO GO UPSTAIRS.  SHE'LL BE RIGHT BACK.  MAMA ALWAYS COMES BACK.  WOULD YOU LIKE TO RIDE YOUR HORSEY WHILE YOU'RE WAITING FOR HER?"

Kindness:

"WOULD YOU LIKE TO HOLD MY NINJA TURTLE? I'LL LET YOU HOLD MY SPECIAL FRIEND IF IT WILL HELP YOU FEEL BETTER!"

Helping:

"CHASE, YOU WOULD LIKE TO TURN OFF THE LIGHT? I CAN LIFT YOU UP SO YOU CAN REACH!"

Every morning, I first go to Cole's room to get him, then we go get Chase together.  Last week when Cole and I went in to him, Chase climbed up on the rocking chair and invitingly patted the spot next to him, saying "COLE! COLE!"  Cole climbed up and together the boys rocked.  Every couple of minutes, Cole would look over at Chase and say, "I LOVE YOU CHASE!" and Chase would give Cole a huge smile and a hug and kiss.  So much, SO much love between these two.  In my wildest dreams, I couldn't have imagined how sweet and tender Cole would be with his brother, his patience outlasting mine most of the time.  And watching how Chase idolizes Cole, mimicking him and wanting to spend all his time with him - it's just heartwarming.  I couldn't ask for a better sibling relationship with my boys!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...