Monday, June 15, 2009

Nature in my backyard

Something I'm going to miss about our house is how close it is to nature. Sometimes this could be a bad thing, I guess, but looking out my front window and seeing this sure can add excitement to the day:

Yup. Deer in our front yard. Now, it's not like we live way out in the country or anything, but we live far enough into the suburbs that this does happen sometimes. And then there's this:

Not quite sure what kind of bird that is - I just know it's big! And it's not every day someone can walk out their back door and see a big, loud bird just sitting on their deck chair. I love our house!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, cool! Those deer could eat out of your hand, they're so close! And that bird looks like some kind of falcon, but I'm not an expert. Better keep an eye on Chloe! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...