Sunday, August 23, 2009

Dancing in the Park

Yesterday was the annual dancing in the park at Bear Creek Park here in Medford. Can you believe the last one was one year ago?? I can't - crazy how fast things change! Last year, we met at the Dance Arts studio in Medford and went to the park to dance - little did we know, that one tiny year later we would be living in the house next to that same studio, walking the dogs at the park we danced at. Just goes to show you, you never know where you'll end up, right?

So, Chris danced his modern piece and looked fabulous doing it. He even got a couple catcalls! Ow ow! He amazes me.

So, while Chris was rehearsing and setting up for dance, I had the much easier (insert sarcasm here) yet much more fun (no sarcasm here) job of watching Alexander. We had a blast checking out the way cool "wooden" playground at Bear Creek (with a sand pit! and a maze! and secret passageways! and...) and spending a crazy amount of time checking out this 'scrution truck (construction truck) which was sitting idle at the park. Of course, we needed to get a picture. Can't you just see the joy in his face in this pic? Alex knows every single kind of construction truck and equipment there is - and one of his favorite things for us to do is for me to tell him stories with various kinds of "struction trucks" as the main characters.

This kind of 'struction truck, Alex informed me, is a.... oops, I forgot. How I could forget, when we took a guided tour all around it three times while he pointed out various "interesting features" - how cute is that? I think I should frame this picture for him.

So then, after wearing him out considerably, Alex and I found a good spot to watch the dancing show, during which he was incredibly well behaved. The show was at least two hours long, plus half an hour before and after - I was impressed. I think part of the reason he was so good was because I let him use my camera to take pictures of the dancers - thank goodness for digital, though, because he took 497 pictures (mostly because he just held the button down continuosly for several seconds - as a result, we can practically watch the whole dances again as a flip book if we want!) in the span of two hours - including many of such fascinating things like grass and his sippy cup:



He was having a blast! And, I should probably mention that the two pictures of Chris were taken by Alex too! I think we need to get this kid a digital camera!


Oh, I should also mention a funny story - a young lady next to us had her pet ferret on a leash watching the dance show, so I told Alex, "Look at that ferret over there!" So Alex turned to my friend Kadance and said "Hey, look at that carrot over there!" It was hysterical!

So, yet another fun but busy weekend comes to a close - anybody else out there feel like their weekends are as crazy as ours? Crazy, but fun!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great weekend! It is crazy how life gives us tiny little glimpses of our future. The first time I ever visited NYC I took a picture of this amazing globe sculpture that I positively loved. Two years later I had to walk by the same sculpture every morning as I walk into the building that held all our dance studios for my school. (AMDA.edu)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...