Monday, August 10, 2009

Onesies

Made these adorable onesies last week - saw the idea when checking out an etsy shop, and thought, I could make those! So I did! I just love how many sweet little things you can make for babies... there's something extra special about being able to put all my love and excitement for having a baby someday into making something for my kids. I'm sure they won't realize how much they were loved before they were even born when they are younger, but hopefully our kids will know when they are older!


This one is a bird. Can you tell? I still have to add a little felt ear to the elephant and a beak to the bird - maybe that will help.

Also did these fantastic blankies. The fabric in the middle is minkee, a super soft fabric, and the outside is a satin. Babies love the different feelings of the two fabrics, so I've been working on a bunch of different kinds. Can you tell I'm really digging brown right now? Love it with pink, blue, and green. I'm kind of a matchy-matchy person, so I like things to coordinate - what better way to do it than to make everything myself? Next up: a crib set!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...