Sunday, August 23, 2009

Feelin' Creative

So the other day I was feeling pretty creative and decided to finish up various projects I've been working on. First up, this adorable Paris onesie. For anyone who knows me, you know how much I LOVE anything to do with Paris - never mind that I've never been there. Anyway, I found an Eiffel Tower cookie cutter at a yard sale a while back, so I used it to make a pattern. I'm thinking I should use this pattern again somewhere - any ideas? It's too cute. Don't mind the picture being upside down - sorry - it loaded that way and I couldn't figure out how to fix it! You can still get the idea.

Then, I was seized by a desire to do some cooking, only to find that my one and only apron was in the washing machine. It had been in the washing machine for several days, whilst I was waiting for this insanely hot weather to cool down enough to run the dryer. The dryer raises the temperature of the house approximately thirty degrees (which, dear readers, when it is 105 degrees outside, makes it 135 degrees inside - roughly the temperature used to bake chocolate chip cookies - practically). So, the apron was wet and soggy (maybe a little moldy - no, just joking), and unusable, and I decided I should have a second apron. I've had this adorable Richard Kaufman fabric for ages, but it was so cute I was afraid to use it for anything! But, the pears on it make it perfect for the kitchen.

I love the colors. Wouldn't it be an adorable little girls' dress? Or a mini kid's apron? Oooo...maybe next project. So. Ok, moving on.

While I was on a roll, sewing away, I found this cute fall fabric I found on clearance last year (CLEARANCE, people!!). In case you can't tell, those are little leaves. I always love to have seasonal linens on my table and piano, so I made a table runner. Super simple, but I think it turned out ok.


Now, I'm starting to think Christmas. Christmas, you say incredulously? But it's August! Yes - Christmas. My FAVORITE holiday - it's never too early to start thinking about Christmas! Maybe I should put some Christmas music on... I think Chris would shoot me.
Anyways, keep an eye out in the future for some lovely Christmas projects coming up... because it's never too early! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...