Friday, November 5, 2010

A Month of Thanks

I have to admit, I'm guilty of taking my wonderful life for granted a lot of the time.

I get busy.  I get stressed.  I worry and complain.  Money, time - there's never enough of either. It's so easy to think of the things I want, rather than remember the things I have.

But this little bloggity blog helps me keep things in perspective.  So, I have decided to do a post every day this month about something I am thankful for - little or big, doesn't matter.  What better way to celebrate the month of thanks than by taking time each day to be grateful?

Since I'm a little late (I can't believe it's the 5th of November already!), I'll start with five.

I'm grateful for this blog and the age of technology we live in.  I love being able to document my child's life and be able to instantly share it with family -whether they live five miles away or 5,000.  I love posting pictures so my family can watch Cole grow.  I love writing my feelings as a new mama, so I can look back and remember these precious days and moments.  I love documenting each small milestone of my baby.  All is possible with this little blog of mine, and I am thankful.

I'm grateful for my car.  It's silly, but as I was driving today I drove past a bus stop and watched a lady with a small child struggle to get on, bundled up against the cold wind.  I'm so glad to have a safe vehicle to transport myself and Cole - it sure makes life easier! 

I'm grateful for my job.  Although it's torture to get up and leave my little man five days a week, I really feel like I'm making a (tiny) difference in little people's lives.  I love the kids and I love that I have my degree so I can help support my family.

On that note, I'm grateful for my co-workers.  I have been soooo blessed to have always worked in places with fabulous people and Mills is no exception.  I have friends that I work with!  The thought is pretty outstanding.

Lastly, I'm super thankful that I have wonderful family to leave Cole with while I'm teaching.  Cole is blessed that he's never had to be watched by strangers - everyone who takes care of him loves him as much as I do!  Chris and his parents and my parents all take such good care of him and it's a huge relief to know that he's safe when I can't be with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...