Monday, August 29, 2011

Boating on the Lake

It's been hot here.

No, not just hot...HOT!

urgh.  I sweat more than the average person, so I don't do HOT very well.

Fortunately, we spent all day Saturday on Grammy and Papa's boat.  The lake was gorgeous, the water was perfect, and we all had a lovely day.

Cole took responsibility for all pre-trip checks on the boat - you know, he wanted to make sure everything was in working order and all:


 Seeing Cole in that life jacket just kills me...he is SO.ADORABLE!


Helping Papa drive the boat:



Papa and Daddy on the wakeboard:


Notice there are no photos of me on the wakeboard...this is because I spent my entire wakeboard time with my face in the water.  I'm surprised there was any water left in lake, I drank so much.  Athletic, I am not - but since every muscle in my body is STILL screaming from that workout, at least I know I tried.
But Cole and I took a dunk together:
And Cole was enamored with the bridge we went under:



And, you know, with all the boat checking and driving the boat, Cole was just exhausted and passed out on Grammy for the rest of the day:


And so I leave you with a photo of poor Cole's major injury of the day:

The poor little guy stumbled and took a face plant right into the corner of the cooler.  He's such a little trooper, he hardly cried at all (I may have shed more tears than he did), but it did leave a mark.  Fortunately, he didn't even bruise and you can't even see any mark there today. 

How was your weekend?  What's your favorite way to beat the heat?

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...