Thursday, August 4, 2011

Fourteen Months

Dear Cole,

Ooops, Mama fail...I'm a little late on this letter this month.  Things have been a wee bit crazy round here lately - but to my eternal surprise and gratefulness, you've been taking things in stride.  You have fallen right into your usual routine - with the added plus of having Daddy home every night to kiss you goodnight.

Even though you're STILL not talking at all, you're excellent at communicating.  You've perfected a good-bye wave with your tiny little fingers opening and closing.  You've started holding my head in between your hands and leaning your head in (I think you're trying to give me a kiss).  The sweetest thing you do is take my hand and hold it against your cheek and say "Aww...".  You give the best hugs.  You like to grab my finger and tug with a loud grunt to get me to come with you on your newest adventure (usually to examine in delight the ceiling fan!). You adore sitting on my lap to read story after story. 

You adore Daddy's guitar and are so good at gently strumming the strings.  You love dirt and being outside.  You are fascinated by light fixtures (you constantly point to them and say, "UH!").  You are thrilled by ceiling fans and electric fans.  You carry your blanky around with you constantly.  You make the biggest messes for being such a tiny person.  You adore the dogs.  You could play in running water for hours.

Oh my son, every day you make me so happy.  There are rough days (like the one a couple mornings ago when you woke up at 4:15 and wouldn't go back to sleep), but in general life with you is pretty awesome.  You are sweet and funny and adorable in every way.  I love being your parent, your mama.  Every day is a challenge and a success.  You complete our lives in a way we never knew was possible.

We love you more than anything, my darling boy.  Happy Fourteen Months (a little late).

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...