Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Conversations with Cole

Cole: MOM, I WANT TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT HOW YOU ALWAYS SAY NO WHEN I ASK FOR A PIECE OF GUM.

Me: Oh! Ok.  Tell me how you feel.

Cole: SOMETIMES I WANT A PIECE OF GUM.  BUT I ASK YOU AND YOU ALWAYS SAY NO.

Me: Huh.  Yup, you're right, I DO always say no.  Tell you what, I will make sure to say yes more often, ok?  It won't be every time you ask, but it will be more often, ok?

Cole: AWESOME! THANKS MOM!

I love, love, love this amazing little boy.  I have so much pride and respect in how he handles situations.  There are some adults I know who couldn't speak so eloquently about a problem.

Sometimes I worry that I'm totally screwing up this whole parenting gig - it's so hard! But then I think of conversations we have like this and I think, maybe we're not doing so bad after all.  What a privilege it is to be a part of this little boy's childhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...