Saturday, August 23, 2014

taking stock

Making : plans. lots of plans.  not much time for anything else right now!
Cooking : tons of my freezer meals, since our freezer broke down and a bunch of stuff defrosted :(
Drinking : wine, of course! and ice water
Reading: two books: "Lean In" by Sheryl Sandburg, and "Me Before You" by JoJo Meyers.  Both excellent and thought-provoking.
Wanting: more time.  more "me" time. more time for leisurely showers, more time for naps, and more time to craft, sew, photograph, read, and blog
Looking: at beautiful photography, hoping to get inspired
Playing: with my babies.  all day, every day. :)
Wasting: food.  see above freezer breakdown.
Sewing: reusable snack baggies and Cole's Halloween costume
Wishing: for time to simultaneously speed up (so Chase will sleep better) and slow down (because my babies are growing up!)
Enjoying: fresh produce from the Farmer's Market
Waiting: with great anticipation and excitement for Cole to start preschool in two weeks!
Liking: Chloe snuggled next to me, like she is every evening.
Wondering: if I’ll ever feel as though I'm not way behind on everything
Loving: my family.
Hoping: for fall temperatures to arrive sooner rather than later.  I love fall.
Needing: new shoes for Cole. again. kid goes through shoes like I go through chocolate.
Smelling: the pumpkin spice candle I lit. see above re fall.
Wearing: tennis shoes, in an effort to get some chores done today.
Noticing: I desperately need to vacuum.
Knowing: that when it comes to children, the days are long but the years are short.
Thinking: perhaps we've turned a corner with Chase's sleep, and maybe he'll start having some better nights.
Feeling: tired.  always so very tired.
Opening: way too many tabs in my internet browser.  I'm a multi-tasker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...