Sunday, February 7, 2010

I have a craving

Yes, the irresistable cravings have begun. I'm talking desperate food urgings that just cannot be silenced or ignored. Last night, it was a jar of delicious sweet pickles...yum! Last week was grape cough syrup (I substituted grape popsicles - also delish!) But this morning, I am sad to say that I'm afraid the craving won't be quite as easy to satisfy. I need a Stanley's cream filled donut fix.

Not just any donut, or even any cream-filled donut. Oh no, this little baby boy is demanding that I immediately eat at least a dozen of Stanley's cream-filled donuts. Stanley's is a fantabulous donut shop that is very unfortunately located in Butler, Pennsylvania...just a short drive away! I have told this to the baby. I have calmly informed him that I cannot simply run down to the store and grab a Stanley's donut. I even Mapquested the directions to Stanleys to prove to him that it is 2581.99 miles to Stanley's, a trip that would take approximately 38 hours and 58 minutes. But this little baby will not listen to reason. He has his heart set on donuts. And they have to be Stanley's. And if you've ever had Stanley's, you would know just what I'm talking about! :)

So I'm off to call Stanley's to see if there's any way they can overnight a dozen cream-filled donuts to Oregon. Maybe I should make it two dozen - I still have over a hundred days of pregnancy left, there's no telling when I might have another craving like this!

1 comment:

  1. Lol, Mandy, let me know if Stanley's can overnight those donuts! On second thought, you'd better not- waaaay too tempting! We can definitely get some cream-filled donuts when you're up here, I know they aren't the same as Stanley's, but they are still pretty good :) Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...