Sunday, February 7, 2010

My plans for this week? Getting the baby's room started. It's currently just a modge-podge of randomness, complete with random cardboard boxes filled with papers that I never unpacked from our move and a big box of toilet paper (it wouldn't fit in the bathroom closet so for some reason it ended upstairs - not exactly convenient in a bathroom emergency). Next weekend we are going up to Portland to pick up the changing table/dresser, and hopefully getting some beautiful cream microsuede fabric to recover my glider. I can't wait to start washing, folding, and putting away our sweet baby's little clothes!

This weekend in Portland, one of my missions is to find some adorable baby toys like these:
Love the wool rainbow teething ring... sweet and simple!

A wood rattle.


And....drumroll please...the sweetest little play gym I've ever seen! If anyone if sees one of these babies for sale, please, please let me know! This is on the top of my must-have toy list.

Can you tell I'm all about the wood toys? I absolutely loath plastic, Toys R Us, icky toys with crazy too-bright colors and obnoxious sounds. I believe babies and kids are too often on information overload, with toys doing too much of the work. I think simple toys that are sturdy enough to last through generations are the way to go.

Lastly, I can't wait to find the perfect little going-home outfit for our little guy to come home from the hospital in. I have been searching for months and poor Chris is at his wit's end. I don't know exactly what I want, but I do know I'll know it when I see it! I'll be sure to post pics when I find it!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's great that you're into such a simplistic lifestyle for your little one. However I must ask, the wool teething ring, well, it looks all fuzzy, like some of the fluff could be swollowed, or once he gets a few teeth, could get stuck or wrapped around a tooth or two. I tried to put myself in the baby's shoes and asked if I would want to put that in my mouth, and sadly, I giant NO WAY popped into my head. Unless multi colored surprises in baby's diapers are what you're after. I would forego the wool teething ring. Just my opinion though. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...