Monday, February 22, 2010

Is it too early for nesting?

What do you think? Is it too early to be nesting? Lately, all I've wanted to do is clean and organize (ok, mostly organize...not quite as much on the cleaning). Organizing the kitchen, organizing the linen closet, organizing cords and wires for electronics, organizing files...you name it, it's organized. And then, last weekend when we went to Portland, we picked up this baby: Yup, isn't gorgeous? It's a changing table and dresser in one! AND, it matches the crib we have. AND, it was only $25 on Craig's List!! My sister picked it up for us up in Portland and I'm so excited to have a place for the baby's clothes!

So then, of course, my nesting insticts turned to taking care of anything baby...so ALL WEEK I've been washing, drying, folding, organizing, and putting away all the baby's clothes. And oh yes, this baby is going to be one well-dressed little man! I am so excited to dress this little guy in all the clothes I've been collecting for years!


I've also gone through and washed all his blankets, sheets, burp clothes, and receiving blankets - like these cuties! Lovin' the green and brown!

And let's not forget these adorable little hats:

And ever since we found out we were having a boy, I've been on the lookout for sweet brown and blue fabrics to make a quilt...well, I have enough for two quilts! I'll be starting these soon.

And while we have our birth announcements all picked out, I've been on the watch for cute baby thank-you notes to start stocking up on - but, everything is too cutesy or too expensive. So here's my homemade baby thank-you's... I am loving how they turned out!


And check out this belly of mine!! Whew...getting hard to tie my shoes and pick anything up off the floor! And shaving my legs...let's just say it's been a while! :)

And my handsome hubby, soon-to-be-daddy!

1 comment:

  1. Mandy everything looks so cute! I can't wait to see the quilts you create with those super fab fabrics. And I'm so in love with your changing table that you seriously stole at only $25 smack-a-roos! Your little man has the most frugal Mommy on the block! Love it! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...