Friday, September 24, 2010

sneakin' up on me

This whole growing-up deal is a sneaky little thing. 


Take the other night, for example. 


I was innocently drawing a bath for Cole the other night when I realized that he probably didn't need the newborn sling anymore.  We tried it without it, and of course it worked fine.


Then all of a sudden it hit me.


 MY BABY'S GROWING UP!!!! AND THERE'S NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT!!!!


It's those little things that catch me off guard. Each time he grows out of an outfit or we have to loosen the straps on his car seat. 

The big deal growing things, I am totally prepared for. Move to the crib?  Mentally, I'm all set for it.  First steps?  I can't wait.  But all those sneaky little growing up things that they don't warn you about break my heart in about a million pieces...

...and then make me happier than I ever thought possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...