Wednesday, November 2, 2011

17 months

Dear Cole,


Now you are 17 months old - almost a year and half!


Some fun and awesome things you are doing right now:


     - Every once in a while, you'll say "Whoa!" Like if you drop something or get into something you're not supposed to.


    - Reading is still one of your very favorite things to do.  At least thirty times a day you'll pick out a book, bring it to me, take my hand and lead me to the couch, where you'll pat the seat invitingly. You love reading so much that sometimes you'll even hold one book and have me hold the other one so we can read both at the same time.


    - Music is also one of your favorites.  You've starting singing along in a high-pitched, tuneless sort of way which is positively adorable.


    - You give out kisses so frequently now! Several times a day, you'll get a very serious look on your face and plant one on me - sometimes on my lips, often on my arm.  There is nothing more sweet than getting one of your sloppy kisses!


   - I am blown away by your intelligence.  I know, every parent says it...but in this case, it's true.  You can identify SO many animals - elephants, penguins, tigers, lions, owls, cats, dogs, cows, horses, donkeys, flamingos, frogs, ducks, chickens, bears, bees...plus all their sounds.  You can point to all your body parts and follow two-step directions.  Yes, you're a genius.  You must take after your mama. :)

Oh my darling boy, I know I sound like a broken record, but I have to say it again (and again and again).  You are the joy of our lives.  You bring us so much laughter and joy.  We love you with all our hearts and cannot imagine our family without your smiling face.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...