Friday, November 18, 2011

Sleep

Things have been AWESOME around these parts where sleep is concerned.


Somehow, a switch has been flipped in Cole's little brain and he has suddenly discovered that SLEEP IS GOOD!


He has been sleeping 12 hours straight at night (I KNOW! SO COOL!), a 1.5 hour morning nap, and a 2 hour afternoon nap.


I know.  it's AMAZING.


Here's our secret:


An early bedtime. Like REALLY early.  Like take what you think is an early bedtime and subtract an hour from that.  I know, I know - it's so counter-intuitive.  "I want my baby to sleep later and longer, what are you doing telling me to put my kid to sleep earlier?!"


But I read A LOT of baby sleep books.  At least 10.  And even in my sleep-deprived state I noticed one consistent piece of advice in every.single.one: put your baby to bed earlier.  As adults, we underestimate just how much sleep babies need.  We underestimate just how early babies (and kids) naturally get tired - especially if your baby is a morning-baby like mine is.


Cole goes to bed at 6 pm.  Which can be incredibly inconvenient at times.  But IT WORKS!  He falls right asleep and sleeps a solid 12 hours. 


Which means I'm a whole new woman.  I hardly know what to do with myself.

1 comment:

  1. We put Madeline to bed at 6 pm as well. That was by far the best bedtime advice. It really does work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...