Thursday, February 2, 2012

20 months

Dear Cole,


Oh boy.  You're outta the teens and into your twenties.  I was thinking the other day how close your 2 year birthday is.  Four measly months away...I can hardly believe it!

The most exciting thing that's happened to you this month is your evaluation for early intervention services with speech.  Oh little mister - you were a rock star!  There's nothing that makes your mama more proud than showing you off to other people and you did not disappoint!  I was a little worried because you tend to be quite shy in new places with new people, but you pulled through.

After testing, the therapist mentioned your incredible fine-motor skills.  At 20 months, you have fine motor skills that are higher than most 3 year olds!  Not that I'm surprised, but it sure made my mama heart swell with pride!  Your gross motor and cognitive were also right on target, and you proceeded to impress the testers with your fantastic knowledge of body parts (at last count, you know 16 when most 20 month olds know 3-5).  You most likely qualify for speech therapy, and I'm excited to get going with you on it!  I can't wait to hear you talking and telling me what's going on in your mind.


You've been doing some really grown-up things lately - sitting at the table, undressing yourself, and putting your own clean laundry away.  I love it - every little step you do reminds me how big you are getting, right before my eyes!  You're also growing out of your clothes at an amazing rate - your little pants are turning into high-waters and your pajamas are nowhere near long enough anymore.

My darling boy, this month I especially want to remind you how much your daddy and I love you, no matter what.  We do have high expectations for you - we want you to be hard-working, kind, and tolerant.  But if something happens that's out of your control - like your speech - we want you to know that we'll always love you.  If you end up being dyslexic, bad at math, tone deaf, unathletic - no matter what, as long as you're happy and trying hard, that's what's important.

All our love,
Mama and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...