Friday, February 17, 2012

Birthday Planning

Cole's birthday is a short 3 months away!  While I REALLY don't want to go overboard with buying him things (we're more about the experiences rather than more STUFF), I do plan on getting him one or two things:


1. A trip to a zoo.  We will FOR SURE be going to a zoo of some sort for Cole's main birthday present.  I can hardly wait, he will LOVE it.  This kid just adores his animals and I know it will be the coolest thing he could ever want.


2. Lacing beads. 
    
 As I've mentioned before, Cole has off-the-charts amazing fine motor skills.  I know these beads are for ages 3 and up, but if he plays with them under supervision he'll have a blast.


3. Books:
   Books are ALWAYS a good bet for my little guy.  He spends so many hours a day reading - on his own, with me, in his crib...I love buying him new books to read.
      -Press Here

This book looks awesome.  It's an "interactive" book - each page has a set of instructions, and when the instructions are followed and you turn the page, something "happened".  I think Cole would enjoy it.

      -Little Bear

I don't know what it is about these "Little Bear" books.  I mean, they're beginner CHAPTER books, so they aren't short.  But Cole adores the one we have - we read it over and over and over and over... well, you get the point.  I'd love to get the rest of them. 
   


We have "Swing" in this series, so when I heard there were animal versions out there, I knew Cole would be ALL OVER them.  Books + animals = Cole happiness.
      -Gossie and Gertie

Cole has the original "Gossie" and reads it constantly.  The storylines are adorable, the illustrations are sweet - I'm pretty sure Cole would love the whole series.


Seriously? I want to get this for Cole because I want to try it out! It looks like so much fun - and totally open ended play, which is my favorite!


I just know my little engineer/builder would have a blast with these magnetic construction toys - and these ones are jumbo sized just for toddlers.

6. A sand and water table:

I'd really love to be able to make a wooden one for Cole - the normal plastic ones just aren't sturdy enough for him.  I've seen these filled with sand, water, rice, dried corn, snow - Cole would love it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...