Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A day in the life

I don't know about you, but I love knowing other mama's daily routines with their kids.  


So here's Cole's and my daily schedule (usually):


6:30-7:00 - Cole usually wakes up somewhere between 6:30-7:00, which is beyond awesome.  I always put a book or two in his crib, so Cole wakes up and reads for at least 20 mins in the morning, which means I have time to sleep in, shower, or work out...oh, who am I kidding, it's 90% of the time sleeping. I roll out of bed and go into Cole's room, to see him peeking at me over the rails of his crib. 


We go right to the kitchen to have breakfast.  Cole munches away on oatmeal, fruit, milk and scrambled eggs (breakfast of champions!) while I unload the dishwasher and make Chris' lunch for the day.


7:00 - Cole hears Chris' snooze on his alarm and declares he's done eating so he can run into the bedroom and wake up jump on Daddy:


He likes to help him get ready in the mornings:


We wave bye to Daddy out the window, then Cole plays while I eat some breakfast:




Around 8:30 Cole usually ends up on my lap reading books for an hour or so.  It's one of my favorite parts of the day.
(yeah, this look is why we spend so much of the day reading...I can't resist this face either)
9:30 or 10:00 Diaper change and naptime.  Cole still usually needs two naps a day, which actually works well for us.  I plop him in his crib with a book and Cole reads until he falls asleep (which, by the way, is one of the most adorable things EVER!)


If we're going out to errands or anything this day, I use Cole's first nap time to shower/hair/makeup etc.  If it's a stay at home day, the first nap is for my daily chores, laundry, and working out.


11:30 Cole wakes up.  We have lunch:


And Cole plays some more, sometimes downstairs in his room while I read. This is also the stretch of time we go out for errands, coffee/playdates with a friend, or the library.


He has a snack, then goes down for Nap #2 at about 3:30 or 4:00pm.  Even if he doesn't nap, he reads in his crib for some quiet time for at least half an hour.  It gives us both a break. :)

Daddy comes home around 4:00 and we might try to get out for a walk:


We have dinner at about 5:30 or 6:00, then a bath:

then bedtime at 6:30 or 7:00. He is an awesome sleeper, getting 12-13 hours straight per night, and I think I have his early bedtime to thank for that.  Plus, I love having a long uninterrupted stretch of time in the evenings to blog, read, sew, and hang out with the hubby. :)

So there's our day in a nutshell...what's yours like?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...