Monday, April 2, 2012

Twenty Two Months

Dear Cole,

Twenty two months! Or, in other words, almost two!


My son, you are growing and changing so fast!  This past month has been amazing to watch you grow and learn - not so much because I can see you growing (your "external" growth rate hasn't really changed the past month), but because I can see how your little mind is growing by leaps and bounds.


Part of it, I think, is because you are finally, FINALLY, talking.  O my son, words cannot express how thrilling it is to hear those words finally emerging from you lips in that piping little voice (well, except when I'm on an important phone call...).  We have waited so long to hear what was going on in your little head! 


My favorite part is listening to you develop a sense of humor.  You are hysterical and you know it!  We'll be driving in the car and I'll have to stop at a light, so you'll yell out, "GO GO GO GO GO!"  and then laugh and laugh.  You're into all sorts of silly toddler antics, like putting your pants on your head or pretending you're a dog when eating your food.  We just love it - you are so much fun!

These past weeks, I have been more and more proud of you - specifically, your excellent behavior.  Every single time we go out to a restaurant and I see screaming toddlers around us, I am amazed at how you can sit nicely at the table for over an hour. 

Your speech therapist has suggested we try to work with you on pretend play to improve your speech and language.  It is the cutest thing to see you feeding your little bunny some of your lunch, or lining up your train on the table ("DOO DOO!" [Choo choo!])

Most importantly, my boy, you are sweet, thoughtful, and empathetic.  You are so loving and kind to everyone you come in contact with.  You make us more proud every single day, just by being you.

We love you, so so very much.

Love, Mama and Daddy





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...