Friday, January 18, 2013

Camaraderie

I've said it before - I was truly worried about Cole turning two.  I wasn't sure how well I would handle the stubbornness, the tantrums, the frustrations that I'd heard so much about.

But honestly?  I had NO reason to be anxious.  Cole at two is just as lovable and sweet and fun as Cole at one - but with one major difference.  He's old enough to be helpful and fun and hysterical. 

A few weeks ago, one of Chris' coworker brought him a bag full of walnuts in the shell from a walnut tree.  We always take any opportunity to help Cole realize where food items REALLY come from (not the grocery store), so Chris showed Cole how to crack open the shells and take out the walnuts.

People, you wouldn't think something like this would be so frickin' ADORABLE.  But it was.  It was so sweet how serious Cole was as he carefully participated in the assembly line they had going on.  He took his job seriously, yo.  No messing around.  This was important stuff.

For me, the best part was the realization of equalness.  That the older Cole gets, the more he will be truly helpful.  I loved catching a little glimpse of the camaraderie and friendship we will have with our son when he's older!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...