Thursday, January 10, 2013

New Year's Goals

I'm not much of a resolutions gal...they always seem too broad and unattainable, you know?  But I am goals gal - I love making some simple, measurable goals to work on during the year.  Here's some I came up with for 2013:

1. Make some friends.  While I've been super busy with Cole and everything, I've been feeling pretty lonely. I'm so blessed to have some truly amazing friends in Klamath, but I'd like to have some friends a little closer to home too.  With Cole starting preschool in the fall, I'm hoping the both of us can use the opportunity to make some friendships.

2. Do the Couch to 5K program.  This is a big one for me, people.  I seriously can't run more than a block without wanting to die.  I've heard so many good things about this program, so I'm going to give it a try.

3. Declutter, declutter, declutter.  I've actually been working on this one all last year, but I'm going to step it up a notch.  I'm totally a packrat by nature, but I desperately want to set an example to Cole that we don't need so much STUFF.  We make frequent trips to various charities to drop off anything we want to get rid of and I'm so proud that he already has a rudimentary understanding of giving to others.  My goal: one in, one out.  

4. Improve my photography.  Keep practicing and learn more about my camera.

5. Start a garden.  Hopefully we'll be in our house this year, and I'd love to start a garden.

So there's my list for the year - how about you?  Any goals/resolutions for the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...