A few absolutely adorable and hysterical things Cole has said lately:
1. Cole: "THERE'S THE MOON IN THE SKY, MOM! I SEE THE MOON!"
Chris: "What are some other things up in the sky, Cole?"
Cole: "THE ATMOSPHERE IS IN THE SKY."
Chris: "...um, yes, yes it is..." (then to me): "I was expecting something more along the lines of clouds or sun, but ok?!"
2. As he was "helping" me go through a large tub of baby clothes for Chase:
"MAMA! I'M RIFFLING THROUGH THE CLOTHES!" And he totally was. I'm actually not sure how he knew that word - correct pronunciation and use, too!
3. Me: Cole, please be quiet when you are upstairs. Chase is sleeping.
Cole: (Shouting as loud as humanely possible while right outside Chase's door) OK MAMA! I WILL! I WILL BE QUIET SO CHASE CAN SLEEP!
Me: ::face palm::
4. Cole, while we're in the car driving: MOM, WHAT'S DOWN?
Me: Like up and down?
Cole: NO, I'M TALKING ABOUT LIKE SOFT DOWN. LIKE IN THE BOOK WITH THE TOMTEN WHO TAKES THE EGGS? HER BABIES 'FLUFFED THEIR SOFT DOWN'?"
Me: Ohh, I see. Well, down is like a kind of very soft and short feather.
Cole: OH. OK.
5. While perusing the amazing home décor section of Target, I spied an ampersand (the & symbol) and picked it up to examine it.
Cole: "THAT'S AN AMPERSAND, MAMA! DO THEY HAVE AN EXCLAMATION POINT? THOSE ARE MY FAVORITE!"