Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Unexpected Joy

I love it when there's unexpected joyful bits that pop up when I least expect it.

Take, for example, our changing family dynamic since Chase was born.

I knew it would change. I knew I wouldn't be able to be there for Cole as much as before.  But I didn't realize how amazing and beautiful it would be to watch Chris and Cole's father-son relationship develop and grow as much as it has.

They've always been close, but even more so now - they are best buddies. Cole shadows his daddy, mirrors his exact movements and words. There is nothing else he would rather do, no one else he would rather be with.  And the very best part?  Chris feels the same way.  He is always thinking of fun things for the two of them to do, projects for Cole to help him do around the house, and always, ALWAYS brings Cole on any errands he needs to do, even if it would be million times easier to leave him home.

The best payoff?  This weekend, Chris took Cole to Lowes for a quick trip.  On the way home, Cole said to Chris, "DADDY, THANK YOU FOR TAKING ME TO LOWES. I LOVE GOING ON ERRANDS WITH YOU!"

::heart melting::

Yup, these boys are all destined to have an amazing relationship with each other.  I can't wait to see it develop with Chase too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...