Sunday, November 16, 2014

The Best Ages

This is seriously the golden age of parenting for me.  Both our kids are just at the absolute most amazing ages.

Cole, at four, is just totally awesome.  He's old enough to really start to see the fruits of our labor as parents start to pay off.  All those reminders - "Remember to say 'Please'", "Wait your turn", "Finish what's on your plate before asking for more", etc - Cole is now at an age where he's remembering and thinking of how to behave politely and kindly.  It's so rewarding to see him start to ask or do something, then stop and say "I WAS JUST GOING TO ASK FOR MORE BREAD BUT I REALIZED I HAVEN'T FINISHED EVERYTHING ON MY PLATE." Parenting for the win, ya'll.  He's an amazing kid, smart and kind, and Chris and I are just bursting with pride over him.

And I'm pretty sure it doesn't get any cuter than a 9 or 10 month old baby.  Old enough to be sleeping better (finally!), young enough that there's no real discipline to have to do.  Old enough to be sitting up and crawling, young enough to be so absolutely adorable I almost can't stop looking at him sometimes.  I love the curiosity of this age: watching him reach to pick up a toy, turn it this way and that, feel it in his fingers, put it in his mouth to explore.  The natural scientific tendency of a baby discovering the world is just miraculous to me.  The way sometimes I pick him up and he leans back to get a really good look at me - I can just HEAR him saying in his head, "This is my mama and she loves me and I love her."

Yup.  The best ages for sure. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...